The 1st Grand National Assembly Building War of Independence Museum

The 1st Grand National Assembly Building War of Independence Museum

The 1st Grand National Assembly Building War of Independence Museum History of The Buildings The construction of the First Grand National Assembly building, which is used as the "Museum of the War of Independence" today, had started in 1915 with the intention to be used as the Committee of Union and Progress club building. The construction had been left half-finished due to the War of Independence and lack of materials and its architect Hasip Bey died a martyr during the War. When it was decided that the inaugural meeting of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey be held on April 23, 1920, it was observed that not a single building with the required size and equipment existed in Ankara for the Assembly meeting. Under these circumstances, it was decided that the Committee of Union and Progress club building be completed and used as the Assembly building. The building, which was one of the first examples of the First National Architectural Period Style in Ankara and completed by architect Necati Bey, hosted the Assembly from April 23, 1920 to October 15, 1924. Work started in 1957 in order to convert the building into a museum and it was opened to the public as the "Museum of the Grand National Assembly" on April 23, 1961.

The building was reopened on April 23,1981 as the "Museum of the War of Independence" and passed on to the Grand National Assembly of Turkey on May 5, 2009. Opening of The Grand National Assembly The Assembly, which was opened on April 23, 1920 with a rapturous ceremony, held its inaugural session with the participation of 115 deputies. After the opening speech of Sinop Deputy §erif Bey who had served as the interim speaker as the eldest member, Mustafa Kemal Pasha, Deputy for Ankara, had taken the floor. Mustafa Kemal Pasha had emphasized the importance of the Assembly at his speech by stating that " There exists no longer an authority above the supreme Assemblf. Mustafa Kemal Pasha was elected unanimously as the Speaker of the Assembly at the second session held on April 24,1920. It was this Assembly that adopted the first Constitution of Turkey and the Turkish National Anthem (1921), abolished the Sultanate (1922), established Ankara as the capital of the Republic of Turkey (1923) and proclaimed the Republic of Turkey on October 29, 1923. Gazi (Veteran) Mustafa Kemal Pasha was also elected as the President of the Republic at this Assembly.

Clerks Room

Clerks Room

Clerks Room

Genel Kurul Salonu

Genel Kurul Salonu

Genel Kurul Salonu

Reis Odası

Reis Odası

Reis Odası

Encümen Odası ( İletişim ve Silah Gücü )

Encümen Odası ( İletişim ve Silah Gücü )

Encümen Odası ( İletişim ve Silah Gücü )

Mektup Açacağı

Mektup Açacağı

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk e ait mektup açacağı. Gümüş kaplama, çelik ve deriden oluşan mektup açacağı iki parçadan oluşmaktadır.

Süngülü Baston

Süngülü Baston

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk e ait içi süngülü baston.

Baston

Baston

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk e ait baston. Bastonun sap kısmında bir levha üzerinde Osmanlıca yazı yer almaktadır. Üzerinde Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi Reisi Mustafa Kemal Paşa Hazretlerine yazmaktadır.

Mavzer

Mavzer

Mustafa Kemal Paşa ya 1922 yılında Zafer Hatırası olarak Meclis tarafından verilen silahtır.

Mühür 4/1

Mühür 4/1

Erzurum Kongresinde kullanılan mühürdür.

Mühür 4/2

Mühür 4/2

Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi Reisi Mustafa Kemal yazılıdır.

Mühür 4/3

Mühür 4/3

Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi Orduları Başkumandanlığı mührüdür.

No 1 Hokka Takımı

No 1 Hokka Takımı

Viyana yapımı olan hokka takımı Art Nouveau üslubundadır. Arkalık kısmı üzerinde Osmanlı Türkçesi ile "Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi" yazısı yer almaktadır. Yazının üzerinde birbirine bakan iki hilal arasında yıldız motifi bulunmaktadır.

No 2 Hokka Takımı

No 2 Hokka Takımı

Malzemesi gümüş olan hakka takımı üzerinde Osmanlı Türkçesi ile "Türk'ün Tarih Halas ve İstiklalini yazan Misak-i Milli kahramanı TBMM Reisi Mustafa Kemal Paşa Hazretlerine. Batumlu Ali Haydar 15 Temmuz 1337" yazmaktadır. Hokkanın arkasında ortada çatı şeklinde yükselen, işlemeli ve ikişer askısı bulunan bir takvim yer almaktadır.

No 3 Mors Alıcı

No 3 Mors Alıcı

Avusturya yapımı mors alıcı. Ahşap bir kaide üzerinde makara şeklinde yuvarlak metal bir parça, parçanın altında ise bir kol bulunmaktadır. Yandaki metal parçalar iki makaraya bağlıdır. Bu araç, karşı merkez tarafından gönderilen mors alfabesine göre şifrelendirilen mesajların yazılı olarak alınmasını sağlayan mekanizmadır. Mürekkep kısmı ile makara arasından gelen ince uzun kâğıt parçasına mors alfabesinin bir dökümünü vermektedir. Dönemi bilinmemekle birlikte tek hatlı mors cihazlarından daha sonraki dönemlerde üretildiği kuvvetle muhtemeldir.

Süleymaniye Camii

Süleymaniye Camii

Süleymaniye Camii, I. Süleyman adına 1551-1557 yılları arasında İstanbul'da Mimar Sinan tarafından inşa edilen camidir.

Doğanbey Mahallesi Cumhuriyet Bulvarı No: 14 Ulus/Altındağ
(0312)3107140
Öğrenci, 65 yaş ve üstü T.C. vatandaşları ücretsiz; Tam 1 TL
Pazartesi haricinde her gün 09.00 - 17.15 arası

Müzeasist

Müzeasist mobile uygulumamızı AppStore veya Play Store dan indirebilirsiniz